Saturday, May 30, 2009

Big purchase weekend

You'd think we were made of money the way we were spending it this weekend!

Well the one purchase is something that we had budgeted for. We bought ourselves a brand new patio set! I tried to find pictures online from the Lowes website, but no such luck. I will have to try and snap one tomorrow. When Andre and I were living at my grandmother's house the one thing we loved was sitting out in the backyard in the summer enjoying our meal. We're really looking forward to being able to do this in our own home this coming summer.

Our second purchase was a total want of mine, this was a "treat":

For those of you that have been living under a rock for an extremely long time this is the Nintendo Wii. I thought that it might get Andre and I out of the sit-down-and-watch-tv-till-bedtime-rut that we have been in for what seems like forever. It's worked at least one night.

Tonight we played two games of bowling before I tried my hand at boxing, and won! The fun lasted until I came back into the rec room from the changing over the laundry to find Mikey our cat sprawled out on a table sleeping and Andre sleeping on the couch. Oh how I wish I could've taken a picture!

So we'll see how often Andre uses it. I think the boxing alone will serve as wonderful therapy after a frustrating day at work for me. He has been talking about checking out the different types of games they have, so I think that the Wii will grow on him eventually over time.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Still SO jealous!!!