Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Why do some women like assholes?

I ask this because I have a couple friends right now who seem to have an unbelievable attraction to them. It's like they just can't stop themselves.

One in particular has been with him and then apart from him then with him, etc, etc, for almost six years. She wants to get married and have children. He doesn't want to get married, and we're unsure that he could even father a child (fertility issues with first wife). He's an emotionally stunted individual who is always deflecting his own insecurities and shortcomings on my friend instead of just admitting to the world he's a fuck-head.

The latest addition to his assholishness is the fact that he wants to get in my friends pants. I know, I know, what straight male doesn't want to get in some woman's pants but he refuses to wear a condom. I don't know why my friend would even consider having sex with this idiot, but she is. Her only condition is that he bags it, and he won't.

Just yesterday she's telling me this latest development, and she's asking me if it's okay that she refused to have sex with him because of this. I told her of course it's okay that she refused to have sex with him, and that most women would make him be tested for STD's, never mind just wearing a condom! The best part is that she was telling her sister and her sister asked her "why are you so hung up about this?" Hello? So you want your sister to go and have sex with this man not knowing who (or how many) he's been having sex with since they broke up almost two years ago? Considering he was cheating on her before their break-up, I would think that my friend is completely justified in being "hung up about this".

Even as I sit here typing this I still cannot wrap my brain around the fact that my friend was even thinking about taking this man back into her life. He has done nothing but treat her like crap. He's constantly playing mind games, talking down to her, and she continues to second guess herself, thinking that maybe he will change and she could have the life that she's always wanted. I just don't understand.

Moments like this I am so unbelievably grateful for having Andre in my life. For all the times that I want to scream because he's driving me crazy, I know how blessed I am to have him in my life. He tells me how beautiful I am everyday, even when I think I look like crap. He never leaves for work without telling me he loves me. I am blessed to be sharing my life with such a wonderful man.

I just wish that my friend would realize that she's worthy of having that in her life too, and that she's not going to get that from this loser. Here's hoping this time she will really end things with him.

No comments: