Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sad

I was bored, and checking something on my sisters profile on Facebook when I read something that made me sad. We have a cousin. My uncle is not is biological father, but had helped raise him since he was four. Well my uncle and my cousins mother split up a few years ago. It was messy, it still is messy. My uncle had a break down last summer and the shit really hit the fan after that.

A few months ago I noticed that my cousin took me off his MSN contact list, as well as off his Facebook "friends" list. I figured he had his reasons and left it at that. I have sent a few e-mails off since then, and received very polite short responses.

Then tonight I read some comments that he left on Facebook. Stupid one sided conversations on Facebook. This is what has made me sad:

Cousin: i know but there's some peopl I don't want to see and I'm sure they've been dragging my name through the fucking mud sence september and I'm guessing they dont want me there either which is fine. you're the only one there I really got along with besides other uncle's family.

Aside from the absolutely atrocious spelling and lack of grammar which would make anyone sad, I feel so horrible that he feels this way about all of us. Well, aside from my sister apparently. I don't know how he could think that we would talk about him in a bad light, and "drag his name through the mud". He's a kid for heaven's sake! (18 this summer) How could I talk badly about a child? I can't help but wonder the influence that his mother has had in all of this, and how she has manipulated how he feels about the family that welcomed the two of them in 14 years ago, and treated him like he had always been part of the family.

He graduates from High School in June. He's always been such a good student. I truly wish him the best in whatever he choses to do. It's a shame that I won't be able to tell him that in person.

No comments: