Friday, May 22, 2009

A talk with my mother

So I was out with my mother on Sunday (as I am almost every Sunday) and I had to start griping about our stupid doctor's office and their new policy on no longer pre-booking appointments. That led to me telling my mother about why I was calling to book an appointment. I don't know why I did. Maybe I feel like I should, maybe I'm just a wierdo, who knows.
So I tell my mother that I was calling the doctor because I need to talk to them about why the hell I bleed every single farking time Andre and I have sex (that, and the fact that I've only ovulated once in seven months). It's been happening since I went off the pill about 7 months ago. I know, you're probably yelling at the computer screen as you read this, but I kept thinking it would stop. It didn't, in fact it's gotten worse. It's put a damper on our sex life to say the least.
So, like I was saying, I told my mother. Then I told her that I was talking to some friends and they questioned whether it could be Endometriosis, or Cysts. Both of which have popped into my brain. Then out of the blue, she tells me that she has/had Endo. (Insert why-the-fark-didn't-you-tell-me-about-this-earlier face here) My aunt also has it. My grandmother and great-grandmother also had complete hysterectomies before they were 50. We don't know why though.
So who knows what happens from here. I plan on calling my doctors office on June 8th, on my next day off to book an appointment to get this ball rolling. I don't know what they will or won't do, but I would like to have some answers. Most of all if we're going to have a bitch of a time trying to have a child later on down the road I would like to know sooner rather than later.

No comments: