Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Business of Being Born

A friend of mine is a doula and offered to let me borrow her copy when she heard that I had never seen it before. Now I am in the healthcare field, and have many friends who are parents so I consider myself fairly informed of the different options out there when it comes to giving birth.

This movie was a huge eye opener for me. I know that a homebirth isn't everyone's cup of tea (not mine either---a little too "granola" for me), but I think this movie should be a must see for all couples out there who are expecting a baby, or those people out there that are considering having a child. I think quite a few people out there think there is only one way to give birth, and this can't be farther from the truth.

A very good documentary. To view the trailer click on the following:


No comments: