Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mean to Green (er)

I'm going to try and help us all clean up our act, or well at least our clothing with this review. Today I am going to review one of my most frequently used products at home.

I have sensitive skin, and after trying many different products, I started using the regular Arm and Hammer Detergent years ago. They started making their essentials formula a few years ago, and I love it! It is biodegradable, phosphate free, uses natural (coconut-based) surfactants and uses natural baking soda to help clean your clothes. It also comes free of all those heavily dye filled detergents, and you can also get scent free as well.

I also promise that this cleans just as well as any of the other detergents out there! Arm and Hammer is also much less expensive than other greener detergents. At No Frills you can find it for less than $6 for a 2L bottle that will clean 35 loads. I don't know about you, but I think that's a great deal! For a little extra boost in the wash you can use PC Oxygen Bleach.

Photo source here.

No comments: