Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mean to Green (er)

I decided that I was going to do something productive while relaxing tonight, and review one of my favourite green (er) products.

I've always had a love hate relationship with bleach. I love that it keeps my whites bright and well...white, and that it disinfects like a champ, but hate the chemical smell, and the risk of bleach spots on my dark clothing. I was talking about this exact thing with my friend Pam months ago and she mentioned a product that she loved.

I have been converted. Not only is it safe for colours (what a thought!), it's concentrated so you don't need to use a ton of it, and it does.not.smell. When was the last time you used bleach and didn't smell anything?

Now for the question of whether or not this stuff works. Does it work just like Clorox? No. Does it help to remove stains, and keep my whites white? Yes. To help boost the cleaning power of this stuff I just let my white load soak for 15 minutes, and ta da! Clean clothes.

Now if you all excuse me I have to go beat my darling husband who is making fun of my review of bleach.

No comments: