Monday, January 11, 2010

My Day off

I am currently sitting in my dining room praying my congested nose doesn't start to randomly drip all over my netbook keyboard. I know, you're all jealous.

I'm actually waiting for my miracle cure to be ready. Homemade turkey soup. I am a firm believer that homemade soup can cure anything. Thank goodness I always try and keep some frozen chicken stock in my freezer for just this sort of day. It also helps when someone in my family gets sick as well. There's nothing like being curled up on your couch (or bed for that matter) with a big fluffy blanket and a steaming bowl of soup. Well actually there is something better, doing all of that, but not being sick!

I was so bummed today. I had planned to get today with my friend Pam and her daughter Abbey this morning, and then get together with my friend Mary Ann tonight for a fun evening of hot chocolate and Wii Super Mario Brothers. Alas, I am still feeling like poop, so I opted out of these plans to rest up at home. We have a wedding of a friend this weekend and I really want to rest up so Andre and I (along with Mary Ann) can have a blast dancing the night away on Saturday.

I hope everyone in Blog Land is having a better Monday than I am!

No comments: