Saturday, January 2, 2010

Going to pat myself on the back...

...because Andre and I just finished caulking the bathtub and it actually doesn't look half bad! The last time that we had to have the bathroom caulked we had my friend do it. She worked with her uncle at his construction company, so she did a pretty good job at it. So she re caulked the bathtub before we moved in, but I had been noticing that some places were starting to peel, and then this morning noticed that there was one area on the side that was not attached to the tub surround anymore. Not good.

So before going out to the movies I took all the old stuff off and cleaned it up so it could dry while we were out. Then we came home and followed these instructions and set to work.

Once Andre figured out that with the help of the painters tape he didn't have to be so neat about it we made some progress. He caulked, and I smoothed everything out. After taking off the painter's tape I made another go around smoothing everything out, and I think that we did a not so bad job, for rookies!
I know, you're blinded by the pink tub, and tacktastic tub surround, so you'll have to look past that!

No comments: