Tuesday, January 26, 2010

More waiting

It has now been a month and a half since I finished the Provera. Just as I suspected, no period. I had little faith that I would get one, but I decided I would humour the doctor. I've also been trying to call the gyno for the last two days to try and book my follow up appointment. Monday, no answer, just voicemail. Today, more of the same, so I left a message this time with my reason for wanting to book an appointment. Hopefully I'll hear back from them sometime this week. They were so vague on the voicemail too, "I cannot answer the phone as I am either busy, on the other line, or the office is closed.". Well what is it? You'd think if the office was closed for more than one day they would leave a message stating that. Oh well.

Andre has been the little optimist through this whole thing. He is the one with the never ending faith that one day we will be parents. Me on the other hand, I tend to be more of a realist in these situations. Even the other night he turned to me and asked "how my temperatures have been, and did I think I was ovulating?" You'd think after your wife harping about how she never, ever ovulates, you'd know the answer, but in his mind, anything is possible. I just told him, most likely no, but you can never tell.

Hopefully some of that optimism will rub off on me.

No comments: