Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A little project

I know, like the office renovation isn't enough! This one has been in the works for a little while, and I have been stalking the Canada Post website waiting for confirmation of delivery before I would post pictures online! Canada Post has assured me it was delivered successfully yesterday at 1:20pm, so I can now post pictures! Yeah!

So I have a small group of girls that I have known forever. I'm talking before the problems with fertility, before the house, the wedding, before Andre and even before College. These girls knew me in High School!! As a tribute to these wonderful women and how much their friendship has meant to me over the years I have tried to do a little something extra for them on those big milestones in their lives. Mainly when they get married and have a baby. The scale of the gift has mainly depended on how much spare time I have at that given time. I've tried to do some sort of quilt for each milestone.

So when my friend Laura announced that she was pregnant, I knew that I wanted to do something for her to celebrate this. Her and her husband welcomed their beautiful little girl into the world in January and I finally completed her quilt a few weeks ago and shipped it out. For her I opted for a flannel rag quilt since they live in frosty Manitoba.

I am so happy with the final product, and it is the perfect size for them to snuggle with their little girl on those cool spring nights, and a great size for laying down for her to have a nice place to explore the world around her when she's a little older.

Here are the pictures:




A little close-up of my fabric choices.

For those that are sentimental, you will note the little white square, that is a little tag that I added to explain who the quilt was for, her birth date, and who made it for her.

The whole thing!

"Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love."

~ Unknown.

3 comments:

Kelly O. said...

Jenna! that's beautiful! Laura and Baby M will love it!
I had no idea you quilted!

Mr and Mrs M said...

I've been quilting for about 10 years now off and on. I do it more for gifts for people. All together I think I've done 2 bed sized quilts, 3 baby quilts, and this is the second rag quilt I've done.

Laura said...

She has been using it a lot this week. She has just mastered the roll over and her little baby blankets didn't give her room to explore this new skill. This blanket will be with her through a lot of new adventures to come!