Friday, April 2, 2010

Recipe Time!

And just in time for Easter!


I have made this pie twice already when getting together with friends. It was a hint both times, and the best part is that it is deceptively light, which is a bonus after eating a big meal.
I found this recipe in that little Magazine that Kraft sends out a few times a year. I swear I started to drool the moment I saw the picture. So if you haven't decided what to make for family for Easter dinner, make this! The best part is that you can design the top of the pie in whatever design you want. When I made it at Christmas I made a picture of a little gift. When I made it a few weeks ago, I just made lines. For Easter you could make an Easter Egg!


Peanut Butter Cup Pie:


(I think I need a more photogenic pie plate!)


Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups Oreo Baking Crumbs 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted (I use margarine)
1 pkg (8oz) Cream Cheese (I use light), softened
1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp, creamy peanut butter, divided
1 cup cold milk (I use skim)
1 pkg (3.4oz) Vanilla flavoured Instant Pudding
2 cups thawed Cool Whip, divided (I used light)
3 squares of Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate

Mix oreo crumbs and margarine; press onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.

Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup peanut butter in medium bowl until well blended. Add milk and dry pudding mix; beat 2 minutes. Whisk in 1 cup Cool Whip; spoon into crust. Refridgerate until ready to use.


(it's not this yellow looking, for some reason my camera made it look that way)


Meanwhile, microwave remaining Cool Whip and chocolate in a microwaveable bowl on High for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, or until chocolate is completely melted (stir halfway) and mixture is well blended. Cool completely (I let it cool a bit). Spread Chocolate mixture over pudding layer in crust.


Microwave remaining peanut butter in a microwaveable bowl until melted and smooth. Drizzle over pie.


For this step I find it easiest to pour the melted peanut butter into a plastic bag, and then snip one of the corners, or you could use a pastry bag and a tip.



Refridgerate for 4 hours, or until firm.

Enjoy!

No comments: