Tuesday, April 13, 2010

We're at it again!

Redecorating that is! The next room on our hit list is the office! This room has been months in the making. It was the last room in the house to still have wallpaper left to remove. This was the main reason it has taken us so long to tackle it.

We're still not done yet, but I'll post some preliminary pictures. This is what we started with:


This room was the perfect blend of everything horrible from the 70's and 80's. It came complete with stained pale grey carpet (I swear it makes my skin crawl), pale lavender gloss paint, fabulous balloon valance, and you can't see from the picture, but the far right wall and two smaller walls were covered floor to ceiling in a pale pink wallpaper. The full wallpaper wasn't that hard to remove, but the border was a little more difficult.

This is what the room looked like after the wallpaper was removed:



We were left with each wall presenting us with a unique problem. Two walls had been wallpapered over without being painted first (GRRRR). One wall was a matte pink paint, and two others a glossy lilac-ish colour. :Le Sigh: Can nothing ever be easy? So to make our lives a little easier we decided to use Behr's new paint and primer in one. It has covered beautifully, and I'm very impressed so far.

Alas blog land I do not have any after pictures to post. The room is painted, but I am not yet finished painting the trim, and we still have the carpet to rip out, and the new flooring to be installed. This last bit might take awhile since I think I may have lost the phone number to our flooring guy ::shakes head:: I really hope that we'll be able to find it or I might be begging all of our friends for numbers to flooring guys they know so we can get this job done.

No comments: