Sunday, October 5, 2008

Surprise, Surprise

My parents had decided that they wanted to take Andre and I out to dinner for our anniversary. We went out to dinner on our own last weekend, so we went out to dinner with them last night. My father requested something "not exotic", so we went to Kelsey's. We're walking up to the front doors to put our name in for a table, and who is walking out the front doors after dinner? Pam and Mike. I think I just stood there and stared for a minute in shock because she had to walk over and tell me to give her a hug.

Her mom had taken the baby for the day so they could spend some time together. They had gone off and seen a movie, and then decided to have dinner together. They were rushing a little after dinner since Pam's boobs were killing her (no breast feeding all day).

I'm sure I will hear all about their day of freedom tomorrow because Pam and I are going shopping with Abbey tomorrow. Yes, I know, an outing. Very exciting. I'm looking forward to it and kind of dreading it all at the same time. Pam doesn't really do anything except visit her grandma and take care of the baby, so I don't know where the conversation is going to go.

I've learned the last few times that we got together that we used to be able to vent about our husbands, but she's started to majorly overreact if I so mention that Andre hasn't done something around the house. She almost freaks out about it. It's weird. Meanwhile her husband does NOTHING, and I'm not exaggerating about this. While she was at home pregnant he would cut the grass on the weekends because she couldn't physically do it. Otherwise she would've been doing that too. I appreciate that he works, but your wife is tired, get off your ass and pitch in. She would be popping Gravol because the pain was so bad she was nauseous and he would be sleeping. Gah!

Man, didn't realize how that still pissed me off! So anyways, yes I will have to filter what I vent about tomorrow. No Andre isn't the perfect male, but he does do a lot around the house, and he puts up with me! This filter will be difficult as Andre has been exercising his selective hearing skills lately which has lead to a few ummm "discussions".

Stay tuned for a post after my shopping expedition tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update on Pam... I'd love to hear how it goes for you guys tomorrow.

I understand about filtering your vents to friends in RL. too bad some friends can't just let you vent without adding thier two cents.

Cheers!

Mr and Mrs M said...

I hate having to filter around my closest friends, but she would get so aggressive almost when I would vent so I just had to stop.