Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'm getting tired of this

I don't know what has gotten into my clients. Maybe it's the weather. Maybe it's the time of year. Maybe they're stressed out. Or maybe, just maybe, I've been way too nice to them up until now and now they're just taking advantage.

I've had countless clients just not show up for their appointments lately. I'm not talking once every other week. I'm talking almost daily. At least one appointment daily that is a bust because that person didn't show up for their massage. Not only am I losing money (which sucks!) but I'm left sitting doing nothing at work.

Just this morning I'm in the bathroom getting ready to blow dry my hair and I hear the phone ringing and Andre grumbling on his way to it. Who was it? My office.

office: Hi Jenna!

Me: (knowing this can only mean one of two things) Hello

office: Umm, I have a question for you.

me: Yes?

office: Well, I just wanted to check what time Bob Smith (clearly not his real name) has his appointment with you?

me: 10:00. (it was 9:15 at the time)

office: Oh, well he's here.

me: Well I've never start before 10 am on Wednesdays, so there's nothing I can do about it.

Now instead of just saying okay, hanging up with me and taking care of the situation herself, she hands him over to me. *rolling eyes skyward*

So I explain that he has two appointments booked this week. 10am this morning, and 10:15 on Friday morning. As usual he doesn't have his blackberry with him (the whole cause of this situation) and can't check what time (if any) he had put on his calendar. So in the end, he loses out on his massage today because he can't write an appointment down.

This isn't the first time that Bob Smith has "forgotten" what time his appointment is at and just showed up whenever. And usually "whenever" is at least a half hour to an hour before his scheduled time. The last time it happened I had a break so I was able to get him in early, but people can't just expect that I have nothing better to do then sit at the front desk of the office waiting patiently just in case they feel like walking in.

Why do people buy or carry around palm pilots, day planners, or blackberry's if they are not going to put their damn appointments in them? I get at least 1 call a week from a client (who I know has a blackberry) calling to check the time of her appointment. Why not just check your damned calendar? Oh yeah, you didn't put your appointment in there. What is the function of those little electronic devices if not to tell you where you need to be at any time? Do they think I'm impressed if they pull it out?

If they really want to impress me, they can just show up on time for a change.

No comments: