Monday, May 3, 2010

I'm Baaaaack

Well I wasn't really gone, but decided to get off my butt and do a blog entry today. I promised my friend Mary Ann that I would do and update and recipe, so I am accountable!

I hate to say it but it looks like cycle #2 on Clomid is looking like a big fat fail. I had my first Follie Check (follicle check) last Wednesday. That was CD10. The good news was that I had 4 follicles on each ovary. The bad news was that they were all under 10mm and the biggest on each side was only 6mm. To give you a good reference, a mature follicle is around 20mm. See, mine were small. The lab tech is always so nice. She had "the look" on her face, but still told me "It's still early!" in her Romanian accent.

After a week spent in a emotionless haze, I was back again this morning for my second follie check. More dismal news. It was CD15 today and my follicles had not grown. Not the news I was dying to hear. It seems that I had shed all my tears last week so the remaining emotion today is just frustration. I have not ovulated since April 1, 2009. It has been 397 days since Andre and I last had a chance at getting pregnant. I would just like a chance, just one chance. Instead I count the days until I have to take some drug to give me my period.

::Le Sigh::

The worst part of this morning is that Dr. C wasn't in the office yet this morning when I was getting my b/w and u/s done. So instead of having a meeting with him immediately I had to wait until he had a chance to review my results. They finally called just a little bit ago. Dr C agreed that I am not responding to the Clomid (although the nurse assured me that anything could happen over the next week). I have to go back next Monday for yet another follie check. If at that time there is no response I am going to start Provera again. Oh Joy! The only difference is that they won't be doing Clomid again. We will be doing a different treatment. I have no idea what that will be, so I will be discussing that with him then.

So now I just sit and wait.

No comments: