Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cycle #2 of Clomid=FAIL

For the second time I have gone for my last follie check around CD21-22 only to find that instead of the Clomid producing follicles they have disappeared. 7 out of 8 of my follicles were gone. I have one remaining on my left ovary, so I will be heading into the clinic on CD3 for my first visit with the dildo cam of the cycle. I am NOT looking forward to that at all. The danger with one follicle remaining is that it will remain and turn into a cyst. Fertility drugs do very bad things to cysts, and a cyst could grow and eventually rupture causing damage. This is something that RE's monitor, so this can be avoided.

I was given another prescription for Provera. We haven't discussed what I will be taking next cycle, but it was decided at my second check this cycle that I would be starting a different medication, and not trying a higher dose of Clomid. At this point the two options would be Femara, or Injectibles. Now I just have to wait out the next two weeks until we find out what the next plan is.

Stay tuned.

No comments: