Thursday, February 25, 2010

First Visit-Check

We had our first visit at the Fertility Clinic yesterday afternoon and had the chance to meet Dr. C yesterday. The visit went really well, and we are now in the midst of getting all of our preliminary tests and blood work done. Andre was so funny when we were sitting in the waitingroom before our appointment yesterday. It was us and two other couples waiting for appointments. Andre turns to me and whispers "Jenna, we're not the only ones!" It made me smile.

Now begins the rollercoaster of trying to figure out what is the problem. Originally my gyno Dr. A had said after the blood work and ultrasounds that it wasn't PCOS, but Dr C isn't convinced, and has ordered more indepth bloodwork to rule that out as well as the usual hormone level work up and all the STD screening that is required. All in all over the past two days I have had 12 vials of blood taken from my arm. That breaks my record of 6 vials taken one year. I am very lucky though that both of the lab techs, one at the Fertility Clinic and the other at the lab were very good and I am hopeful that I will only have two small bruises to show for it.

Next week is the big week, with Andre's Semen Analysis on Monday, and then my second appointment on Wednesday for (yet another round of) ultrasounds and a pelvic exam, they'll probably throw another pap in there for good measure I imagine. We both have our fingers crossed for Monday. The thought of male factor infertility is almost too much to imagine right now. We've briefly discussed what we would do if that was the case, but the possibility of having to consider IVF or donor IUI is too much to think about right now. But like Andre and I tell eachother all the time, we will cross that bridge if we get to it. Right now we just have faith that he is fine and our only hurdle is figuring out what my issue is.

Well that is it for now!

No comments: