Thursday, October 29, 2009

Guilty Confession

I was kind of laughing to myself that I was doing this blog entry right after my Mean to Green (er) post, but oh well. It just goes to show that I am not perfect. I know, I can practically hear you all gasping in shock and horror. My name is Jenna and I am not perfect. (Although please don't tell Andre that, I have been working on keeping up that illusion for over the last 6 years.)

Although I like to do things that are more environmentally friendly I am guilty of doing many (many) things that are not. For instance. I use deodorant. True granola's would shun me for sure. But I am comforted by the fact that my pits smell like yummy cucumber and green tea. Theirs...not so much.

My most recent guilty obsession is the antibacterial soap from Bath and Body Works. I love their scents, especially in my kitchen. We're using this one currently. Andre picked the scent out. All you have to do is google Triclosan and you'll come up with a million and one hits about how dangerous it is for us and for our water ways. It also happens to be the main antibacterial ingredient in B&BW's antibacterial line of products. I just can't help myself. I blame it on the fact that I can finally buy this stuff in Canada after long last, and the recent H1N1 hype in the newspapers that is making me paranoid about killing germs.

Hopefully by the summer I will be back to using our regular non-antibacterial hand soap. Until then my hands will be smelling like Kitchen Lemon.

No comments: