Friday, October 2, 2009

Two years and counting

That is how long Andre and I have been married. We celebrated our second anniversary this past Monday and Tuesday. Monday was our official anniversary and we celebrated with a romantic dinner of tacos in front of the tv, exhausted from the work day. Tuesday we both had the day off and celebrated with some shopping (for a new sofa bed for the guest room), a new coffee table/storage for the living room (pictures to come later), a couples massage at my favourite Aveda salon/spa, then a nice dinner at Milestones that evening. It was a full day, but a good day.

The entire time I couldn't help but think to myself about our wedding day. I can't believe that it's been two whole years since we did this:

Sometimes it feels like a lifetime ago, but most of the time it seems like it was just yesterday. This year I had the sudden urge to rip my dress out of it's little acid-free box and put it on, but I didn't.
So much has changed over the last two years, and God only knows what is in store for us over the coming years, but one thing hasn't changed; I am so blessed to be sharing my life with my husband.

No comments: