Monday, March 22, 2010

So far so good

I am on the last day of the Clomid today. I've been taking them right before bed every night, so I will take the last pill tonight. I have been so lucky with this medication, I have not had one side effect (knock on wood!). I have noticed a little bit of dry mouth and increased thirst, but who knows if it's the Clomid or not.

I'm becoming more and more used to the Metformin as well, and the horrible side effects are less and less. If I do eat something that I know my stomach is not going to like I just make sure I stick close to home. Gone are the days I can have a bagel and cream cheese from Tim Hortons for lunch if I'm in a rush!

The treadmill is going great though. I've been trying to get on it 3-4 times a week for a half hour each time. My goal is to be able to jog on the treadmill like I was able to do before I met Andre. Right now I can only jog for about a minute before I get too tired, so I just stick to the walking and jog as much as I can. I've also been watching the snacking at night. That has been the hardest thing to do! I don't know why but it's like my body has been conditioned to expect to snack all evening long.

All the hard work has been worth it though, and in the two weeks since I started I have lost 2.6kg, or approximately 5.7 pounds. Not a lot, but a good start I think. I know that I need to incorporate some resistance training, but right now I want to get a good routine established with the cardio before I add something else to the mix. I don't want to stress about it, and then just stop all together.

Now the wait is on for Thursday morning. This will be the moment of truth in terms of the Clomid. I get the bloodwork and the ultrasound done to see if it has actually done anything. I don't know whether the lack of symptoms is an indication of it not working, so I'm trying not to read into that too much. I'm praying that there will be a follicle (or two) and that they will be mature enough to make me ovulate this cycle. It will make me feel like all the craziness with the Provera this cycle will have been worth it. I try not to dwell on it that much though. Otherwise it will make me crazy, and lately I don't need that much help with that!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thinking of you!!!

www.saraheverafter.wordpress.com