Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Drama, drama, drama

Have you ever noticed that just when it seems like your life is running smoothly, and you sit and down and exhale that breath that you didn't even know you were holding that everyone around you seems to be in a crisis? Well if that has never happened to you, then please share your secret, I am dying to know what it is.

I was just thinking to myself last week that things are really coming along for Andre and I. The house is finally starting to feel like a home, the summer went fairly smoothly, everyone we know was doing really well, and then the crapola hit the fan. Drama with my parents and sister, drama with my co-workers at the office, drama with my grandmother and my uncle, drama with my best friend and her family. It's just been insanity lately.

I've found myself struggling with the decision to just let the voicemail pick up the message when someone calls because I just don't know whether I have the emotional strength to listen, or to just take a deep breath and just answer the call. I've been told by more than a few people lately that I'm just such a good sounding board, a safe person to talk to. Sometimes I think this is more of a curse than a blessing. It's hard being that shoulder sometimes, especially when with some of those people the favour is rarely, if ever returned.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are definitely a good listener and a great friend, but you need to take some time for yourself! Don't let yourself get caught up in everyone else's silly drama all the time.

I know, I know....easier said than done.

Kelly O. said...

you have always had trouble saying no...just let the machine get it.