Monday, August 24, 2009

Kitchen transformation

I finally got around to painting the kitchen this weekend. The weather on Saturday was craptastic, and Andre had to work all day which was also craptastic, so I decided to paint. I was using Benjamin Moore's low VOC paint 'Aura', so there was definitely a learning curve, but I am very pleased with the results. The colour that I chose with the help of their consultant works fabulously with the drapes that I had chosen, and compliments the counter, back splash and the main floor paint colour. The kitchen finally feels fresh, and bright now. A good thing in such a small kitchen.

To remind you all of what the kitchen looked like the first time we saw it:


It was blah and well...green, until I ripped off all that wallpaper:
Oh the wonderful orange paint that we found underneath. Along with about 25 nail holes that had to be refilled.

This is what the kitchen looks like at this exact moment in time:



I still have to paint all the baseboards and paint the trim around the window that has only been primed, but I'm just so happy with the kitchen I had to share. You can tell by all the added storage solutions that I am very short on cupboard space, and well prep space for that matter. Until we can afford a very necessary kitchen reno this will have to do. Until then my dreams consist of glossy subway tile back splashes, and neutral countertops...
Stay tuned for a paint review and comparison. Hopefully it won't be another two weeks in the making!!

No comments: