Sunday, November 9, 2008

Update on us.

I realized for the last little while I've been focusing on things and events that have been happening around us, instead of on Andre and I, so I thought I would do a little "us" update.

Now I partially realize the reason that I've been writing about so many different things besides us is because we've been kind of boring lately. It's been the same routine day in and day out for the last almost two months. We get up, have dinner, go to work, work too late, have dinner in front of the television, watch an hour of TV then go to bed. It's been very monotonous. I realize that we're in a rut. The only reason I'm not (too) worried, is that I know many other couples are stuck in the same rut that we are in.

After all the cut backs with Air Canada a few months ago, Andre's work schedule changed, so he now has two days each week (Tuesdays and/or Thursdays) were work is up in the air, and he has to work a day on the weekend now too. We've as a result lost some of the time that we would normally spend with each other, in addition to losing money every pay cheque. Thank goodness my work has been very busy lately, but with that comes it's own problems.

In my job everyone wants late appointments, and to accommodate people I have been working three to four late evenings (7pm or later) instead of my scheduled two late evenings. I have been feeling overwhelmed, overtired, and stressed. As a result I get snippy and snap at Andre more than I should.
Although Andre is making more strides with helping me at home. I think he's realizing that a happy wife=happy Andre. We'll see how long it lasts though ;0)

In order to be proactive I've tried looking at my schedule in advance to try and limit the number of extra evenings that I'm working. Even the chiropractor that I work with (the owner of the clinic) mentioned to me the other day that I need to start putting myself first rather than my clients. The fact that she noticed during her even busier day that I was acting "off" gave me a reminder that I need to slow down.

I've also decided that I'm going to resign from a church committee that I'm on. I struggle so much just balancing my home and work life that it's chaos trying to add another obligation to the mix. It's been a long time coming, and I'm happy with the decision.

No comments: