Sunday, November 9, 2008

Andre, Andre, Andre...

Friday, no exception to the insanity that has been our life lately, I forgot to put dinner in the slow cooker before we headed out the door. This was the exchange that occurred as we walked out to the car and drove away:

Me: Shit!
Andre: What happened?
Me: I forgot to the put the salsa chicken in the slow cooker for dinner tonight.
Andre: Oh
Me: Yeah, I'm working late tonight too, crap!
Andre: That's okay Jenna, you can just make regular chicken in the oven when you get home.
Me: ~slowly turns to him in the car with "the look"~ Pardon me?
Andre: ~realizing he said the wrong thing~ Umm, nothing.
Me: Yeah, I thought so.

Fast forward to just before lunch. I check my cell phone, and there's a message from Andre.
Andre: Hi Jenna, I just wanted to apologize for this morning in the car. What I should've said was 'Jenna, that's okay that dinner isn't in the slow cooker, don't worry, I'll make dinner when I get home tonight'. Love you!

I stood laughing as I listened to the message. Maybe he's slowly getting it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats so funny!
-R-