Sunday, June 21, 2009

My new obsession

A few of my co-workers, and some friends have gone on and on about a series on HBO for a little while now. They would talk about the books, they would talk about the episodes, it seemed like they were always talking about it.

So last weekend Andre was working all weekend and I was left alone and desperately wanting to do something, anything other than laundry and housework. So I went online and searched for Season 1 of this show:I watched all 12 episodes of the first season over three days. (For those that are wondering I did get my housework and laundry done.) I am hooked. I was addicted to Six Feet Under when that was on, so I figured if it was from the same creator, the show can't be that bad right? Well I love it. I'm addicted. It's funny, dark, dramatic, and very sexy. Perfect for the summer when everyone is desperate for something a little different to watch on television.
I even did what I thought I would never do. I went to the office for my cable company and got digital cable, just so I could have HBO Canada and watch the shows as they air instead of waiting for them to uploaded onto a website. Andre was very resistant at first. He even had the nerve to tell the woman at the cable office "I really don't watch that much tv" (PUH-lease!) Last night he sat in the living room for the longest time researching what channels we now had as well as going online to see their listings. He even forbade me to through out the list of the channels they gave us. He told me he would be "lost without it".
Now who watches a lot of tv?

No comments: