Friday, January 23, 2009

So close and yet so far....

That is what our closing date is!

We finally arranged a time to get to the lawyers office to sign the final papers. They called us on Wednesday night to tell us to call them Thursday morning to set up an appointment for later that day or Friday. I started laughing when I got the message because we were both scheduled to work super late Thursday, and then Andre was working til 7pm Friday (tonight) so it just wasn't going to work. So we have an appointment with them 9:30 Monday morning to sign the papers. Then we will be checking our cellphones incessantly I'm sure until they call us to come pick up the keys later on in the day.

Andre doesn't know it but I have a few errands in mind to use up some time that day. It just seems like there is so much left to do! I'm just thankful that working isn't one of them that week. Tonight was my last night and it couldn't have come more quickly. My brain has totally been in "house" mode and I have been booking appointments on the wrong day, or not booking them in at all. It has not been good. Thankfully today was my last day until after the move, so I cannot screw up anything else now! I think I've caught and fixed everything that I messed up, so it's all good (I hope!).

No comments: