Monday, February 2, 2009

Finally Home!

It's been extremely busy since the last time I blogged. We got the keys to our house on Monday earlier than we expected. Everyone (the lawyer included) warned us that it could be as late as 5/5:30pm before we got the keys, but they were in our hot little hands by 2:30. We were down at their office signing our life away at 9:30 that morning, then we did some running around getting some errands done before they called us.

What a whirlwind this week has been. I'm almost excited to go back to work tomorrow just for a little break. It's been so busy trying to get everything done before the big move on Saturday, and then trying to get everything live able since then. We started the painting Monday afternoon, and then it only got busier from there. Andre had Tuesday and Thursday off last week (thank God!) so he was able to help me by bringing the boxes and some of the furniture over during the week while I painted and ripped wallpaper.

Here are some pictures from last Tuesday as we started the work to the house:
The view from the living room into the dining room and front hall.


View from the dining room to the kitchen.

One side of living room, notice the divider or the "stripper poles" as Andre called them.
The other side of the living room, all those white marks are holes that were covered after the cedar shakes were removed. I hated sanding those walls.


So much more open after the stripper poles were removed.

What the dingy carpet was covering. Those nail strips were a bitch to take off the floor.

I don't have any current pictures simply because the house still looks like a bomb went off. Andre wanted to host Easter, so our goal is to have the house live able by then. We have 2 months. I'm also hoping to host a housewarming/birthday party (my 30th is in March), so I have some work to do. I won't have to worry about being bored at all, there is still a ton of work to keep me going!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see any updated pics. too bad you took all the stripper poles out - i hear its quite the workout!
I have faith that you guys can host the parties you want to in March / April... good luck with all the work :)
Rach