Sunday, January 18, 2009

Countdown is on!

It's hard to believe that in just one week tomorrow we will be getting the keys to our new home, and that in just 12 days I could be blogging in my new office! It's been such a roller coaster, but we're definitely getting excited now.

After a week of nagging our agent we were able to set up a time for a final viewing yesterday, and I asked my mother to come with me to help me make a list of the little things we need to get, and then Andre invited his parents along since his mother had yet to see the house. She really liked it. We now have a better idea of what we'll have to get done the week that we get the keys, so I just have to start on a list.

I was sitting at the apartment and I was thinking to myself that I really won't miss being here. It served a purpose while we needed it, but it was our home because that is what we made it. It will take some time, but our new house will be our home soon. It just needs a little bit of work.

A good home must be made, not bought.

~Joyce Maynard

No comments: