Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Bad Luck Wednesdays...

That's what Andre calls Wednesdays (or Tuesdays, or Thursdays) when everything seems to go wrong. Today is one of those days.

Today was a slow day at work to begin with. It was to start with an 11am chiropractic appointment in the hopes of ridding my brain of the awful headaches I've been having since Wednesday. Then was to continue with four appointments at work. Three of my four appointments cancelled. This left me with a 6pm appointment and my adjustment.

11am I get a call from the clinic. "Jenna are you coming for your appointment?"
me: "Umm, it's not until 11:30"
clinic: "No, it's right now, 11:00"
me: "Shhhhhiiiiiit. There's no way I can make it"

I hung up the phone and the frustration of the pain that I have been experiencing got the best of me and I burst into tears. I just couldn't take it anymore. Thank goodness I still have some bootlegged Aleve to get me through the pain.

Fast forward to 3:30 this afternoon. Andre calls me from work. Due to Air Canada discontinuing their "Jazz" flights his job is changing and his hours are being cut. He will also be working every Sunday just to get more hours in. We've been working so hard to pay off our debt, so hard to put the money into savings for a down payment on a house and now this.

It's like the universe is just laughing at us. "Ha ha, sucks to be you!" The rational part of my brain knows that everything will work out. Hell we've made it through worse than this! But it's still frustrating.

Here's hoping tomorrow will be a good luck Thursday!

No comments: