Thursday, July 24, 2008

The saga continues...

I feel like lately all I use this blog for is to vent about whatever chaos is going on with our apartment. So why stop now?!

I can't remember whether I have mentioned the bathroom before. Well since we moved in just over 2 years ago the bathroom has leaked. Literally the day we moved in, we walked into the bathroom and there was a huge puddle on the floor. The owners response: "yeah, it's done that since we had it installed. Just put some towels on the floor to collect the water till we have it fixed." They never did have it fixed, but we (yes you're reading correctly we had a friend of mine come in and re-caulk the shower and that seemed to do the trick until about two weeks ago.

So after a few talks with the owners and them hmmming and ahhhing over what the hell they were going to do they have finally decided that they're going to replace the shower while we're away camping this weekend. She came down this morning to measure the shower stall and explain what they're doing (I don't even think they know what they're doing). Thankfully they have a plumber (their granddaughters boyfriend) coming over to do the work for them.

I will have to post some before during and after pictures once it's all done. In the meantime though this will mean that we will not have a shower (lord, give me strength!) and will have to use the owners shower upstairs. I so hate having an audience when I have to shower but we'll have to deal with it until it's all finished.

I hope I don't have too many breakdowns in the process. With all the repairs that have needed to be done in the last little while, and having no control over what's happening I haven't been the easiest person to deal with.

No comments: