Sunday, July 13, 2008

Canada Day 2008

Andre and I really didn't do anything too exciting last year because our life pretty much centred around the wedding. We've been trying to make up for it this year, and have had a very busy summer so far.

Andre doesn't get any of the Stat holidays off since his company is open every day except for Christmas Day. This didn't stop us from planning a picnic at Bayfront park once he got home after work on July 1st. My cousin and godson, Jonathan was visiting my grandmother so we brought him with us. He is always on the lookout for new "experiences" so we thought this would be a new experience for him.

One of the first things out of his mouth when we picked him up after saying hello was "Oh my gosh Jenna, you're my godmother!" I guess somehow this had come up in conversation with my grandmother earlier that morning and he just thought this was the most amazing thing to have learned. The entire day he would just blurt out how he couldn't believe that I was his godmother. He told me that it was like having three moms (his mother, his step-mother and myself). I told him that it just meant that I loved him very much and that he would always have a safe place to visit if he every needed one. He seemed happy with this.

Over all it was a great afternoon. We had a great lunch at a picnic table right by the water and then found a place for Andre to nap under a tree while Jonathan scooted around the park on his scooter and I walked behind him. It was a fabulous day.

No comments: