Saturday, December 13, 2008

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe that it's been a week since I last blogged. The time is definitely slipping away from me.

So much has happened! We had our home inspection this past Monday. It went very well, and there were no surprises. Some very minor things have to be done to the home once we move in, but that was to be expected. The big things are all fine, so that was great news to us! Our home inspector even told me at the end of the inspection that he has inspected a lot of town homes in our area, and that this one pleasantly surprised him. He said that it was a solidly built home that has been very well maintained. Definitely what you want to hear!

At the inspection I also got a first glimpse of the living room without the cedar shingles. It looks so much more bright and open! I can't wait to get in there and slap on some paint and rip out the carpet. It will look like a completely different place!

We got a call on Thursday morning that we have fulfilled all of our conditions on the offer, but when I talked to our agent, he wanted us to have our ESA certificate (had to be done before closing) completed for our home insurance before we sign off on all the conditions on Monday night. He said he doesn't expect a problem, but that it would be a good idea to have it done before we sign off completely. I understand why he wants it done, but he told me this on Friday afternoon at 4pm after I had to call him about signing off on the conditions. I wish he had been a bit more proactive, and had mentioned this earlier. I politely told him I couldn't take anymore time off work, and he said that he would arrange everything to be done before Monday at 8pm when we're suppose to sign the last of the papers.

I've discovered that finding our home was the easy part, it's all the paperwork afterwards that is proving to be a pain! If all goes as planned we will have our ESA certificate in hand tomorrow night and a SOLD sign up by Tuesday morning. I can't wait for that moment, because then I can switch my brain back to focusing on Christmas.

It's exciting to think that in just 7 weeks we will have the keys to our home in our hands!

No comments: