Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ceiling Watch 2008

I first mentioned the leak in our ceiling in my blog entry on May 1st. Well it still hasn't been fixed. Quite the opposite actually. It's been festering and molding since then. This is what the ceiling above our dining room table looks like:
It's beautiful isn't it?
I decided that I would rant about the ceiling here most of all so I would have a record of how long it took our darling owners to fix the problem.
I've been sending the owner e-mail updates on the ceiling for months now. It started out with just a little blister, and now there is most definitely mold growing on our ceiling. Looking at it this morning I think it's a good possibility that I will come home one night to part of the ceiling sitting our table.
Tuesday morning I had the morning off work. I'm sitting at my computer in my pj's minding my own business surfing the net when there's a knock on the back door. It's the owner with her son-in-law. Yeah they came to check the ceiling. Yes, I was still sitting in my pj's. She never calls first. Her excuse? "I thought you would be at work." Apparently it would kill her to call first. The first words out of her mouth when she sees the ceiling, you ask? "Yeah, that's going to need to be fixed." Well no shit Sherlock!! It's been needing to be fixed for months now! *insert rolling of the eyes here* I'm surrounded by morons.
So to make a long story short the owner and her son in law decide on a plan of action, and she leaves with the promise that she will be calling "this guy that she knows that does a little plumbing" (kill me now!). Fast forward to an hour or so later. I go to get the mail and she meets me on the stairs. She smiles and says "oh I should probably go and call that guy today shouldn't I?" Ha Ha. I'm not smiling.

No comments: