Saturday, June 14, 2008

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Thankfully things have calmed down a little lately since the last time that I posted. L still cannot be bothered to acknowledge that C and I actually exist, but it's definitely been quieter only having to worry about one sister! I know it sounds horrible, but I just have to surrender to the fact that L has cut us out of her life, and hope that maybe one day she will decide to be a regular member of our family, and take some responsibility in all that has happened. Maybe one day.

My parents are still completely oblivious to all that has happened. Well, to be fair I haven't actually talked to my father about it all, but to quote my mother she was "shocked that C gave me the silent treatment for three days. I didn't think she would be that angry with me." Well what the hell did she think was going to happen? Yes, let the emotionally unstable, manipulative toxic daughter back in the house, please! We don't have nearly enough drama in our lives without having to play this charade of happy family for everyone. Thank goodness I don't live in that home anymore and can live in the reality that our family is screwed up.

The latest update is that our family pet Magic was put down this morning. He was very old, 21 years to be exact. The vet was very surprised that he lived as long as he did, and said that for every cat year it's about 6-7 human years. That means he lived to be over 140 years old! He was partially blind, and was deaf, but he was a part of our family and he will be missed. I try and remember when he was still his old self when I lived at home and he would weave himself around my ankles when I would get up first in the mornings when I was in college. RIP Magic.
(I'm going to try and go through some of our old pictures and see if I can find one that I can share.)

"No heaven will not ever Heaven be. Unless my cats are there to welcome me."
(Anonymous)

No comments: