Monday, May 19, 2008

Someone shake me for thinking as I do....

I just had to get this off my chest. Andre has to listen to me rant and rave all the time, but what a better way to cleanse the soul, then dump thoughts into cyber space? This might come back to bite me in the ass, but oh well.

So I have a best friend. Her name is Pam. Pam has suffered with depression for most of her adult life. She was on almost every medication known to man, or at least to her old shrink. For most of her early 20's she was on so many meds, that I now serve as her memory. She doesn't remember too much, or chooses not to, I haven't quite decided.

So Pam's dream in life was basically to marry Mike whom she's been in love with for pretty much as long as I've known her, buy the house of her dreams close to her family, have a baby, and then stay home and raise her family.

Well almost three years ago they bought the house of their dreams literally right behind her grandmothers house. Two years ago she married the man of her dreams, Mike. Then finally after 7 months of trying they finally conceived their little bundle, and she is due to deliver this summer. She has it all: The house, the baby and the opportunity to be a stay at home mom.

You'd think she'd be happy about finally achieving her hearts desire. On some level I think she is, but most of the time it seems like she isn't. Now I know that depression is a very serious disease, that is very complex and difficult to gauge, so but sometimes I just want to stop her when she's talking and scream at the top of my lungs "woman, you wanted the husband, the house, the kid, and you've freakin' got them all. Stop your freakin' complaining and suck it up! Life is hard, life isn't fair! Get over it!!!"

Is this wrong?

No comments: