Monday, July 13, 2009

Staycation 2009 has begun!

Well my vacation technically began on Friday, but I've been a little busy since then.
Friday morning bright and early I left with two friends to drive up to Sauble Beach to meet up with two more of our friends that had been vacationing there all week with their babies. The 7 of us spend Friday and Saturday together sunning and relaxing. We even managed to miss a huge thunderstorm (I know another one!) before we arrived back home on Saturday night.

Here are some pictures from our trip to Sauble:


Someone was nice enough to take our picture:

The view of the beach from the cottage:


The beautiful sunset:


Andre was a little bummed that I was leaving him for a couple of days and let me know how much he missed me by leaving this to greet me when I got home:


He's such a sweetie when he wants to be!

Now we're starting the second part of my vacation. The first day of Andre's vacation. We had many plans (well mostly me) of how much we were going to get done around the house, but I think the only thing we will manage to get done will be the bathroom since it's been slowly driving me crazy since we moved into the house in January.

It was grey. The ceiling was grey, the walls were grey, the trim door and cabinet was painted a darker grey. It was depressing, and if that colour scheme doesn't make you want to cry, there was a horrible grey and pink border to make the look complete. Sadly (or not so sadly) I don't have any true before pictures of this room. Within the first week of moving in my grandfather had come over to install our new light fixture, and (white) cabinet above the toilet. Then the wallpaper stripping began, and stopped.

It's the border from hell. We have soaked it, we have scored it, we have steamed it and then scraped it. This border does not want to come off. So we decided that we would get off as much as we could then use the electric sander to get the last of it as smooth as possible. We think this will work out (fingers crossed!).

I know you're dying for a picture, but you will all have to wait. I am off to my parents house to use their shower before making dinner.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love this! he is so sweet!